- I, your affiant and the complainant in this case, am a Special Agent with the Federal Bureau of lnvestigation (FBI). I have been so employed by the FBI since 2019. I am currently assigned to the San Fierro Division. Currently, I work on matters involving Violent Crime, Public Corruption and Civil Rights in Northwestern San Andreas. My current investigations routinely include aspects of white collar crime, human trafficking, civil rights violations, bank robberies and various other federal crimes. As an FBI Special Agent, I am an investigative or law enforcement officer of the United States within the meaning of Title 18, United States Code, Section 2510(7), in that I am empowered by law to conduct investigations of, and to make arrests for, offenses enumerated in Title 18, United States Code, Section 2516.
- This affidavit is being submitted for the limited purpose of supporting a complaint and arrest warrant, and does not include every fact known to your affiant. The facts in this affidavit are based upon my personal knowledge, information provided by federal and state law enforcement agencies, and the complainants set forth in this affidavit.
- This affidavit sets forth probable cause to believe that Redwood County Sheriff Edward Lockwood (hereinafter "LOCKWOOD'') under the color of law, that is, while acting as a law enforcement officer with the Redwood County Sheriff's Department, without lawful authority, did direct and permit the corrupt, unjust and extrajudicial punishment of an individual, and did thereby willfully deprive the individual of his rights secured and protected by the Constitution and laws of the United States, specifically, the right to be free from cruel and unusual punishments by one acting under color of law, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 242.
- In the below described incident, LOCKWOOD unreasonably subjected an individual to arbitrary punishment. The facts and circumstances detailing the unreasonable and arbitrary nature of the incident is described, including the nature of the actions, the criminally suggestive conversations and statements, and the corrupt nature of LOCKWOOD's role as the overseer, director and authorizer of the unlawful actions.
- LOCKWOOD has been employed as the Sheriff of Redwood County in the State of San Andreas since he was appointed to the position in January 2021. As the Sheriff of Redwood County, LOCKWOOD is recognized as both a sworn law enforcement officer and as a peace officer under the Constitution of San Andreas.
Edited by Admin